- Member States to benefit from €98.2 million in investments to improve citizens' quality of life February 7, 2018The European Commission has approved an investment package of €98.2 million to support Europe's transition to a low-carbon, circular economy under the new LIFE funding programme for the Environment and Climate Action.
- Diesel still dominates the EU fuel market February 5, 2018A new report from the European Commission shows that the EU transport fuel market is still dominated by diesel, which made up 71.8% of fuel sold in the year 2016. Total transport fuel sales increased by 2.7% as compared to 2015.
- Sustainable Finance: High-Level Expert Group delivers roadmap for greener and cleaner economy January 30, 2018The European Commission welcomes the final report by its High-Level Expert Group on Sustainable Finance (HLEG), which sets out strategic recommendations for a financial system that supports sustainable investments.
- Two innovative wind farms start operating off German coast January 22, 2018Two offshore wind farms located off the German coast are the latest innovative renewable energy projects supported by the EU's NER 300 programme to enter into operation.
- Car and van manufacturers meet CO2 emissions targets for 2016 January 17, 2018All large car and van manufacturers in the EU met their CO2 emissions target in 2016, according to data published by the European Environment Agency (EEA) today. The EEA report confirms preliminary findings that the EU fleet average of new vehicles is well below its 2016 emissions target.