- Commissioners Bulc and Arias Cañete welcome the IMO agreement on CO2 reductions in the maritime sector April 12, 2018Following the agreement reached today at the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) on an initial strategy to reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from international shipping, Commissioner for Transport Violeta Bulc and Commissioner for Energy and Climate Action Miguel Arias Cañete issued the following statement:
- Sustainable Finance: High-Level Conference kicks EU's strategy for greener and cleaner economy into high gear March 21, 2018The European Commission is today hosting a high-level conference on its strategy to reform the financial system in support of the EU's climate and sustainable development agenda.
- Sustainable finance: Commission's Action Plan for a greener and cleaner economy March 7, 2018The European Commission is today unveiling its strategy for a financial system that supports the EU's climate and sustainable development agenda.
- Foreign Affairs Council calls for global ambition on climate change, steps up EU climate diplomacy February 25, 2018The EU's foreign affairs ministers today called for strengthening global ambition to tackle climate change and restated the EU's commitment to lead the way in 2018, a crucial year for ensuring the effective implementation of the Paris Agreement.
- 10 years of the Covenant of Mayors: Local and regional leadership for clean energy and climate action February 20, 2018The EU Covenant of Mayors is the world's largest movement for local climate action and energy transition, bringing together more than 9,200 local and regional authorities across the Europe, determined to take action to help meeting the EU climate and energy objectives.