- Public consultation on the strategy for long-term EU greenhouse gas emissions reduction July 16, 2018The European Commission today launched a public consultation on a strategy for long-term EU greenhouse gas emissions reduction. All interested citizens and stakeholders can send their contributions by 9 October 2018.
- EU and China step up cooperation on climate change and clean energy July 15, 2018The EU and China today reaffirmed their commitment to advance the implementation of the Paris Agreement and intensify their cooperation on climate change and clean energy.
- Commission to host high-level stakeholder event on EU vision for a modern, clean and competitive economy July 4, 2018On 10-11 July, the European Commission will organise a high-level stakeholder consultation event on the EU’s long-term strategy for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and building a prosperous, modern, clean and competitive economy.
- EU for Talanoa: European Commission hosts major conference on climate ambition June 12, 2018The European Commission is hosting a high-level conference in Brussels (13 June) on the EU's contribution to the Talanoa Dialogue, a global process to take stock of the efforts towards the goals of the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- EU Budget: Commission proposes to increase funding to support the environment and climate action May 31, 2018For the next long-term EU budget 2021-2027, the Commission is proposing to increase funding by almost 60% for LIFE, the EU programme for the environment and climate action.