- UN climate conference makes progress on Paris Agreement implementation November 17, 2017This year's UN climate conference, COP23, concluded today with steps forward to ensure global climate action through implementation of the Paris Agreement.
- EU countries trigger entry into force of Kigali Amendment to Montreal Protocol November 16, 2017The Kigali Amendment to the Montreal Protocol, which will bring about a global phase-down of hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs), will take effect in January 2019 as a number of EU Member States have now deposited their ratification instruments.
- EU to conclude ratification for second Kyoto Protocol commitment period by end of this year November 15, 2017The European Union and its Member States intend to deposit their ratification instruments for the Doha Amendment establishing the second commitment period of the Kyoto Protocol by the end of this year at the latest.
- EU scales up cooperation with other major economies to implement Paris Agreement, promote global energy transition November 15, 2017Cooperation between major economies can help drive climate policies and clean energy transitions around the world, concluded a high-level event held today at the UN climate conference (COP23).
- European Commission promotes work on safety standards for a wider use of climate friendly refrigerants November 15, 2017European Commission requests the European Standards Organisations to assess the relevant safety standards for the use of flammable refrigerants.