- EU environment ministers to discuss way forward for implementing Paris climate agreement July 12, 2017European Union (EU) environment ministers will meet this week to discuss global developments on climate change and EU implementation of the Paris Agreement, together with Climate Action and Energy Commissioner Miguel Arias Cañete.
- G20 Summit confirms that the Paris Agreement is irreversible July 9, 2017On 7-8 July, European Council President Donald Tusk and European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker met with other Group of Twenty (G20) leaders for a summit in Hamburg, Germany. This was the first such global meeting following the announcement by the US Administration of its intention to withdraw from the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- EU reiterates commitment to helping Pacific islands cope with impacts of climate change July 4, 2017The European Union has reiterated its full commitment to helping Pacific island countries and territories cope with adverse impacts of climate change, at an inaugural event of the Climate Action Pacific Partnership held in Suva, Fiji, on 3-4 July.
- EU leaders commit to swiftly and fully implement Paris climate deal June 22, 2017Heads of the EU Member States, the President of the European Council and the President of the European Commission have strongly reaffirmed the EU's commitment to swiftly and fully implement the Paris Agreement on climate change.
- Climate-smart agriculture and forestry projects help turn EU policies into action June 5, 2017EU-funded projects on climate-smart agriculture and forestry help turn policy goals into concrete action and could be further scaled up to enhance impacts, concluded a workshop organised by the European Commission and the Executive Agency for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises (EASME) on 1 June.