- Running for the climate: EU staff to take part in Brussels 20km race May 23, 2017Around 40,000 runners will take part in this year's '20km of Brussels' race on Sunday 28 May – and among them will be many staff members from the European Union institutions.
- CO2 emissions from new vans sold in Europe continued to decrease in 2016 May 17, 2017New light commercial vehicles sold in the EU in 2016 emit 4.5 g less carbon dioxide (CO2)/km than those sold in 2015, according to provisional data from the European Environment Agency. This is the highest annual reduction since 2013.
- EU and 79 African, Caribbean, Pacific countries in joint push to defend and implement global climate deal May 17, 2017The European Union and 79 African, Caribbean and Pacific developing countries, who together make up more than half of the signatories to the Paris Agreement on climate change, today reaffirmed their strong and steadfast commitment to full implementation of the agreement, urging all partners to keep up the momentum created in 2015.
- EU welcomes steady progress on Paris Agreement implementation at UN climate talks May 17, 2017Tangible progress was made on a number of elements for implementation of the Paris Agreement at a conference of the UN framework convention on climate change (UNFCCC), held on 8-18 May 2017 in Bonn, Germany.
- EU seeks concrete steps forward for implementing Paris Agreement at UN climate talks May 4, 2017The European Union is eyeing important progress on practical implementation of the Paris Agreement at the UN climate change conference on 8-18 May 2017, in Bonn, Germany.