- EU co-hosts major international climate meeting with Canada and China September 14, 2017The European Union, Canada and China are joining forces to strengthen global action in the fight against climate change by co-convening a ministerial meeting on climate action on 15-16 September in Montreal, Canada. This gathering, a first of its kind, seeks to further galvanise global momentum for the implementation of the Paris Agreement.
- EU citizens increasingly concerned about climate change and see economic benefits of taking action, survey shows September 14, 2017Europeans have become increasingly concerned about climate change and a large majority believe that taking action will boost the EU economy and jobs, according to a new survey.
- Court judgment again confirms benchmarks for free allocation of ETS allowances for 2013-2020 August 23, 2017On 26 July 2017, the Court of Justice of the European Union delivered a judgment in which it confirmed the methodology applied by the Commission when establishing the benchmarks for free allocation of EU emissions trading scheme (EU ETS) allowances for the period 2013-2020 (Commission Decision 2011/278/EU).
- EU and Switzerland join forces on emissions trading August 15, 2017The EU is set to link its emissions trading system with Switzerland's system, after the European Commission adopted two proposals to finalise an agreement between the two sides.
- 2017 auction calendars for aviation allowances published August 7, 2017EEX and ICE have today published their 2017 calendars for the auctions of aviation allowances.